Sunday, August 30, 2009

Moon

“I Wandered Lonely as a Cloud” represents what people feel when they have a little treasure. In Wordsworth’s case: Daffodils were his treasure. If we start asking people what is something very special for them they will come up with the most strange and peculiar things. Therefore, I could draw to a conclusion: Daffodils were to Wordsworth what the moon is to me. Whenever I feel sad or happy or excited, I look at the moon and it sooths me. It is an enriching feeling which overcomes solitude, and I think it is how the poet felt when he gazed at the crowd of daffodils. It is clear that the poet had a very close relationship as well as all the other romantic poets with nature. In his poem, he mentions various elements of nature such as cloud, hills, daffodils, lake, trees, stars, Milky Way, bay and waves. Nature was a key element of all the romantic poets, and it is absolutely clear that Wordsworth rejoiced with it. I do enjoy staring at the moon as I think Wordsworth enjoyed gazing at the daffodils.

1 comment:

Clau said...

Carolina, what can I say, great ideas, but what do you think about the stanza "A poet could not but be gay, in such a jocund company"?

Take care,

claudia