Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Epic Poem



When we talk about an epic poem, I immediately think about “El Cantar del Mio Cid”. Epic poem is the type of poem which consists of different heroes and antiheroes. However, in English, the best example of an epic poem is Beowulf. After reading this poem I can present some features that define an epic poem. Firstly, it is supposedly to be part of history; although, that cannot be proved. It also shows a story with heroic characters. Usually, it talks about kingdoms and wars.

4 comments:

K' rooocks said...

Carolaina Jimenez,

I have to say you came out with a great deffinition. According to what you wrote and what I think, epic poems tells stories about antique heroes that in a way, leave us strong messages thru time.

K' rooocks said...

ooh, by the way GOOD JOB! :D

Yori said...

I liked your definition and I share some elements in mine.
The important part is that is a story and has a main character who tries to save people. GREAT!!

K' rooocks said...

STOP LAUGHIN'!!!!